Affordable Conveyancing in Melbourne
Our basic fee is only $570 plus GST. Disbursements, i.e. the cost of any necessary property certificates, Land Use Victoria fees and/or PEXA electronic settlement fees, are extra.
Disbursements are items that we buy for you from external providers, and for which we need to be reimbursed.
- PEXA electronic settlement fee, $112.64 or $129.03 if there is more than one title involved.
- Lodgement of a purchaser’s Caveat for a buyer (optional), $55.04 or $66.81 if there is more than one title involved.
- ASIC search fee, $23.30, if a party to the conveyance is a corporation.
- Fees for property information certificates that may be needed by a seller for their Section 32 Vendor’s Statement. Some of these certificates may also be needed by a buyer in order to correctly apportion rates and taxes owed at settlement. Common certificates and their typical costs include:
- Register Search (Title), $23.60 or $36.79 with Land Index
- Copy of Plan, $16.15
- Building Regulation 326(1) or 326(2), $68.13 each
- Council, $49.88
- Land Tax, $38.12
- Owners Corporation (if applicable), $170.13 for the first Corporation, $93.57 for any others
- Vic Roads, $40.29
- Water Authority, $44.38
An additional professional fee of $104.50 (including GST) will apply for each of the following conveyancing services, except where otherwise indicated:
- Preparing and lodging a purchaser’s caveat ($52.25 including GST)
- Nomination of additional or substitute purchaser(s), or altering the ownership proportions specified in the Contract.
- Attending a manual (paper based) settlement.
- Lodgement of paper documents at Land Use Victoria.
- Preparation of a First Home Owner Grant application.
- Preparation of a licence to occupy a property before or after settlement.
- Preparation of an Application by Legal Personal Representative (for a deceased estate), or an Application by Surviving Proprietor.
- Preparation of an Application for a New Certificate of Title in Place of One Lost or Destroyed ($209.00 including GST).
- Acting as an Attorney for a client.