What we do for you
For buyers, the main deliverables are:
- Reviewing your Contract of Sale
- Lodging a purchaser’s Caveat (optional)
- Nominating any additional or substitute purchasers (if required).
- Drafting the Transfer of Land instrument and the Notice of Acquisition.
- Drafting the Purchaser Statement(s), required for all contracts entered into on or after 1 July 2015.
- Drafting any relevant State Revenue Office forms for the reduction of stamp duty.
- Liaising with your bank or other home loan provider (as required).
- Performing any necessary property information searches to update Council, Water Authority and Land Tax certificates. These are needed to correctly apportion these charges between the seller and the buyer at settlement.
- Preparing the Statement of Adjustments.
- Attending settlement.
- Sending copies of the Notice of Acquisition to council, water authority and owners corporation (as required).
- Arranging stamp duty assessment, and lodging documents at Land Victoria for registration (if required).
For sellers, the main deliverables are:
- Preparing the Contract of Sale, Vendor’s Statement (Section 32) and Deposit Statement (Section 27).
- Liaising with your Real Estate Agent
- Liaising with your mortgagee (as required), and assisting you with completion of the Discharge Authority.
- Drafting the Goods Statement for Residential Land.
- Attending settlement, and depositing proceeds cheques (if required).