Many prospective clients are concerned about conveyancing costs. Glenferrie Conveyancing Pty Ltd does not offer an overall fixed price for conveyancing, as we believe this is not in your best interests. If we offered a larger overall fixed price, then we would have the perverse incentive to skimp on expenditure that may be needed to obtain important information about the property. As high quality service to our clients is our number one priority, Glenferrie Conveyancing Pty Ltd has a low fixed fee, but our clients pay the cost of any agreed disbursements.
The cost for a basic conveyance is comprised of:
A fixed component – $540.00 plus GST.
A variable component, being the disbursements on the following items:
- Lodgement of a purchaser’s Caveat for a buyer (optional), $54.01 or $65.56 if there is more than one title involved.
- PEXA electronic settlement fee if applicable, $110.55 or $126.61 if there is more than one title involved.
- ASIC search fee, $23.30, if a party to the conveyance is a corporation.
- Fees for property information certificates that may be needed by a seller for their Section 32 Vendor’s Statement. Some of these certificates may also be needed by a buyer in order to correctly apportion rates and taxes owed at settlement. Common certificates and their typical costs include:
- Register Search (Title), $21.30 or $33.45 with Land Index
- Copy of Plan, $14.95
- Property Transaction Alert (for buyers, optional), $9.70 for each three month period
- Building Regulation 326(1) or 326(2), $71.19 each
- Council, $42.81
- Land Tax, $33.04
- Owners Corporation (if applicable), $161.42 for the first Corporation, $93.57 for any others
- Vic Roads, $35.04
- Water Authority, $39.07
An additional professional fee of $99.00 (including GST) will apply for each of the following conveyancing services:
- Attending a manual (paper based) settlement.
- Nomination of additional or substitute purchaser(s), or altering the ownership proportions specified in the Contract.
- Lodgement of documents at Land Use Victoria.
- Preparation of a First Home Owner Grant application.
- Preparation of a licence to occupy a property before or after settlement.
- Preparation of an Application by Legal Personal Representative (for a deceased estate), or an Application by Surviving Proprietor.
- Preparation of an Application for a New Certificate of Title in Place of One Lost or Destroyed.
- Acting as an Attorney for a client.
As a special offer, Glenferrie Conveyancing Pty Ltd issues a 20% off professional fees discount voucher to each client on completion of their conveyance, so as to offer a low cost conveyancing service to its loyal clients. This can be used either by our client for their next conveyance or given to a friend or relative to use.